37 hours per week - flexible hours can be considered for the right candidate
Home and/ or co-working facility base.
- 30 days holiday a year including bank holidays
- Equipment provided
- Full training given
- Progression opportunities
We are looking to grow our team further and are looking for an enthusiastic technically minded and competent software developer and planner to join the team and lead the software development of our internet delivered products.
We use relational databases, particularly MySQL.
We host on Windows and Linux server platforms. Experience of one or both of these would be advantageous.
The primary role is to undertake the development of our software products communicating with the relevant internal and external parties.
You will be responsible for the end to end development process from technical specification, coding, testing, quality assurance and release within the company for customer acceptance testing.
You will liaise with our development, operations and marketing staff.
The potential of the role, dependent on the candidate’s abilities and performance, is to develop the direction of software and technology planning, contributing to the strategic planning of our products and delivery platforms.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing project plans for the end to end development cycle.
- Undertaking software development, completing product deliverables.
- Reporting on the progress of the software development.
- Owning the software architecture at both a systems and detailed level.
- Working with the customer support team to diagnose and resolve software related bugs efficiently.
- Planning and developing software as required to meet the requirements of product roadmaps
- Experience of development frameworks/platforms (e.g. Angular2, Laravel, Fat Free Framework).
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, particularly MySQL.
- Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability.
- Analytical strengths and a critical thinker.
- Strong communicator orally and in writing.
- Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code.
- BSc / BA in computer science, software engineering or relevant discipline and proven experience as a programmer or relevant role would be an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org